Monday, November 16, 2009

The first one hundred

So, it turns out that Jaya is still sensitive to dairy.

I ventured into the world of milk-based products this weekend (oh, cheese, how I have missed you) and was last night roundly thumped for it by two tiny yet persistently gassy feet. And today's bedtime was about an hour and half delayed by an upset tummy and a subsequently squirmy kid. I am still optimistic about a relatively smooth night ahead, but with little foundation in reality. Yet more proof that parenthood can be defined as leaving behind the joys of one's adulthood for less predictable (and sometimes less tasty) wanderings.

As I was writing this, Jaya woke for his regular 1 hour post-bedtime fuss and when I went in to settle him, Kelsey, who is sleeping beside him said, "he just had a giant fart", and I said, "oh good, well done!". Yes, these are indeed strange times...

No comments: