Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lickety Split

And then, home.

From Edinburgh, it was train ride to Glasgow, then a plane ride to Vancouver. Jaya took it all in stride, especially loving all the kids on our flight (although I'm not sure the child-less passengers were quite so thrilled). So, I would say a successful traveler, this one.

Of course, it's taking us a few days to get our sleep legs back. Thought we were on track, but last night was a bit of derailment, so we'll see...And so, home again and all the same preoccupations.

June marks the beginning of a different time though. Although I'm not going back to Cap U until September, I'm considering myself back to work part-time (the lack of a paycheque is no deterrent...at least, not yet) and so busy trying to arrange childcare and figure out how I'm going to define my days. I'm excited, though, and very ready, to own a part of my day again. So, some new preoccupations are on the horizon and they're looking pretty shiny from here.

Being away was wonderful, but coming home is, in the end, the best part of all. This life is just simply a great one to have.


1 comment:

Michael said...

And to all a good night...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us layabouts at home! Welcome back...