Monday, June 08, 2009

Day After the Due Date

So, it's the day after the big due date, which of course means nothing, but still leaves me sitting here on the couch, wondering what to do now.

I'm thinking about re-covering the tacky cushions that came with our "glider". Or maybe making another felt rattle. Or maybe doing some cooking. What I'd really like to do is get at some of the bigger jobs like restocking our bookshelves, moving in to my studio upstairs or hacking up the concrete in the backyard, but since I can't actually pick up more than a kitchen chair, I'm a bit limited. Perhaps I'll walk a few blocks before the day's gravity kicks in and turns my waddle into a limp.

I just saw a video of Vancouver's newest baby beluga being born...I must say, Aurora makes it look easy. Of course, she was pregnant for 15 months, so I guess I should be careful what I wish for. For a little inspiration to all those pregnant and not, here's the video (see audio/video section on the right): http://www.cbc.ca/news/.

No comments: