Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Who do I think I am?

I have been meaning to write more often, but I've been distracted by the rebuilding of my website. It's been an interesting exercise, pulling myself together in one place. And as I went through the "final" version this morning, I realized that my online life may come across somewhat differently than my lived one. And this is making me think about which one I want to be real...

One of the things I hope to do in this first year of "mumming" is to try and reconnect with the making part of me. I'm under no illusion that I will have lots of time for crafting, but I also have no doubt that every day will be about learning and discovering. And I feel that, whoever this kid turns out to be, she or he deserves to be surrounded by curiosity.

To this end, I've been reading other people's blogs, planning the layout of my new little room with a view (the one upstairs that will be my "studio"....ooo, I can't believe I'm going to have a studio!), and getting a few small projects done while I wait for the big one to finish growing and decide to come meet us. I feel like there's more to talk about though, in terms of how we all balance our work and our love, our days and our nights - our hearts and our minds, I guess. I would love to hear from you (if anyone is out there) about how you do this, or how you don't, or how you'd like to.

Also, check out this film: http://www.whodoesshethinksheis.net/ - I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like I should!

1 comment:

Sara T said...

i just found my way here and would love to eavesdrop on your upcoming baby experience through your blog. good good luck and good good vibes from springy montreal. thea and zoe and i just strolled down st-v and bought a wee little outfit for our friend cassie's baby who will be born on friday (unexpected c-section) so we are in the mood!