Sunday, September 13, 2009

oh well.

So, it's not that I exactly forgot. To write every day, I mean. Well, on the first day I kind of forgot, and when I remembered, we were in the car, and then when we weren't in the car anymore, I forgot again. On the second day, I mostly didn't forget, but it was a fussy kind of day and I didn't even have one hand most of the time. Then I stayed up after the boys went to bed to catch up on email and facebook and the like, and forgot. When I finally remembered, I had just sent the computer off to do a bunch of updates and the opportunity was lost.

Phew, how's that for an excuse?!

Anyway, now it's the third day and I'm typing with one (left) hand, but at least I'm typing!

And I thought I would share a recipe today. I'm not much of a recipe person myself, I just don't have the discipline, but I usually start with something that looks yummy and follow the basic principles. So, however you cook, here's something yummy to try...

Quick and Easy Nut Sauce
  • 6 tablespoons nut butter (I've tried almond and peanut, both are yummy!)
  • 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
  • 4 teaspoons tamari
  • 2 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • lime to taste
Combine all ingredients except cilantro and blend well. Add cilantro before serving. We've had it over veggies and rice and also used it as a dip for pinwheels made with soft tortillas, rice, yam and veggies...

Hope you like it!

No comments: